What is the difference between Dentures and Implants?
If your problem is missing teeth, there is no reason to be bothered; there are ways to solve such problems. Some of these ways include dentures and dental implants. These are both used in order to replace your lost or missing teeth. Some people say that dental implants are much better than dentures but some says its dentures not dental implants. Whatever the reasons are, both are effective ways in order to solve your problems.
Dentures vs. Dental Implants
- Dentures are detachable replacements for lost teeth and the surrounding tissues. There are people who choose to wear dentures so that they will be able to confidently smile and enjoy a healthy diet. These are made with metal or acrylic (plastic). There are two types of dentures, partial and complete. The full or complete denture is use to replace the entire natural teeth either on the lower jaw or the upper jaw while the partial denture is used to fill up the spaces of missing or lost teeth. This can be fastened to the natural teeth through precision attachments or metal clasps.
- Dental implants are used as replacement for the tooth roots. It provides strong foundation for removable or fixed teeth which are made in order to match with natural teeth. It provides a permanent solution to missing or lost teeth. If this is used in order to support a dental crown or a dental bridge due to multiple lost teeth, this implant can represent a stable foundation and cavity-resistant restorations.
- Dentures referred to as false teeth. Although the quality of this alternative is already improved, it is not yet ideal for everybody. If it is not secured with adhesive, it may slip out while you are speaking or eating which is truly embarrassing. Also the partial denture might give you decay and infections especially if not well fitted. This is only best for people who have unhealthy or weak jaws and gums.
- Dental implant can last for more than 20 years especially if applied with proper hygiene. It can last for a longer time and replacement is not needed. This alternative is very common to individuals who have lost 1 or 2 teeth however this can also be the best alternative if you are missing many teeth. If your jaw and gums are healthy, you can have more than one implant that will support the replacement teeth.
- Dentures will give you difficulty in speaking and pronouncing words. It may also slip especially if you are laughing, smiling or coughing.
- Dental Implants will improve not only your appearance but also your speech, oral health, comfort and self-esteem. Since it functions just like your natural teeth, you can smile, laugh and eat comfortably. It will not slip out of your mouth.
Your teeth problems will be easily resolved through such alternatives. Dental implants are proven and effective compared to dentures. So if you want to make sure that your money will not be wasted because of wrong choices for teeth replacement, you are better off choosing a dental implant. This alternative will not fail you.
This patient has been seeing Dr Herzog for about a year. This patent has had extractions and dental implants and is thrilled with his service. He would never go anywhere ... Read more
This patient came to see Dr Herzog in her Fort Lauderdale Practice a little over a year ago. He needed All-on-4 treatment on his upper teeth. Dr Herzog was able ... Read more